The Guerdon Difference
When you visit our factory or project site for the first time, some things will be evident to you from the start. Our modular construction methods are top-notch, our management team has an undeniable depth of talent and experience and we have a work force committed to delivering a quality final product and excellent construction services that keep clients informed and satisfied every step of the way. This top-to-bottom engagement in our projects makes our company unique for a number of reasons:
Management and Ownership
- Management Team: Our management team has extensive experience in the modular construction industry, creating a solid foundation for successful projects regardless of scope or size.
- Ownership: The owners are on the job or in the factory on a daily basis overseeing product engineering, business development, modular site construction, and factory production.
- Work Force: With an average of eight years of factory experience, Guerdon’s workforce is highly trained and proud of what they do. The mechanical, electrical and plumbing divisions are led by seasoned journeymen and all employees participate in continuing education and certification programs.
- Production and Quality Assurance Processes: Production processes, equipment, and methods are specifically geared to high-quality construction and the extremely tight tolerance control required for multi-story modular structures up to five levels.
Capability and Modern Factory
Our primary 20-acre site in Boise, Idaho features state-of-the-art technology and equipment to produce modules for large-scale projects.
- Capability: We have experience in virtually every form of factory housing and commercial modular construction with a lengthy resume of multi-story structures. Check out our case studies or contact us to see more.
- Exclusively Systems-Built: Guerdon builds only systems-built IBC/IRC code products. Processes, materials, construction assemblies, and work force training are all geared to high standards for commercial and residential construction projects. We do not build lower-quality factory construction products such as HUD code homes or RVs.
- Engineering and Technical Innovation: Our in-house staff of seasoned engineers and designers create engineering plan approvals and shop drawings using the latest AutoCad and REVIT modeling software. We can provide comprehensive A & D services for our clients to the extent required at very cost-effective rates.
- Transportation Services: Guerdon provides and manages transportation services for our projects, including pre-set storage, insurance, staging and shuttling to the installation point. We have a fleet of more than 200 special transport trailers to ensure each model is stored and transported on a dedicated trailer until it can be added to the project onsite.
- Project Management and Onsite Construction: Guerdon provides a project manager to supervise and coordinate every construction project. If necessary, we can also provide full on-site construction services for the vertical construction. We are unique in our ability to offer a full “turn-key” construction package for the vertical construction portion of your project.
- Direct to Developer or General Contractor: Guerdon works directly with developers or general contractors so there is no middleman, “dealer” or additional mark-up fees.
- Focus on Total Costs and Schedule: Our focus is on the “total project costs” instead of just the cost of our modular units or the Guerdon scope of work. We work with our clients to achieve a total project budget for both cost and schedule.
- Green Construction: A high level of “Green Building” is integral to all our products. In addition, we have extensive experience in Energy Star projects, Title 24 projects, Title 24 + 15% or more projects, and LEED Certified projects including the Gold level and a recent project to the Platinum level